Updated for 2015. Now including Powerpole connector adapters as well as ring terminals, increasing your installation options.
- User adjustable shut down delay: 2, 15 or 30 minutes and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 12 hours.
- Rugged, water proof construction. Easily installed in engine compartments or high
- Super low standby current draw of 4 mAh will not drain your battery.
- Smart! No ignition wire is required.
- Overvoltage protection: Automatically shuts off at 16V with Auto reset
What it Does and How it Works
The APS-12 is basically a voltage controlled switch. When the vehicle voltage is
13.0 V or higher, the relay turns ON and power is provided to the load side (solid
Green LED is ON). When the voltage drops below 12.7V the APS-12 will automatically
start the timer based on the users preset time setting 2 minutes to 12 hours (flashing
Green LED). Once the timer has timed out, the APS-12 relay turns off and power is
removed from the load side (flashing Red LED).
The APS-12 will turn on the load when the vehicle voltage rises above 13.0 volts.
This typically occurs within a few seconds of starting the vehicle. The load remains
powered as long as the vehicle is on. When the engine is shut off, the vehicle voltage
will sink below 12.6V. The APS-12 will start the timer, based on what timer value
has been set of the rotary switch. Once the timer has timed out, the unit will turn
off the load side.
The APS-12 is ideal for use with mobile installations including radios,
mobile computers, video cameras, etc.
The APS-12 is installed between the vehicle battery and the DC load. Typically,
the load is an amateur radio, land mobile radio, mobile computer and other vehicle
DC electronics. Standard installation involves installing the APS-12 to the DC feed
side of the radio. The APS-12 is offered with (4) ring terminal type connections
(positive and negative DC power IN & positive and negative DC power OUT).
Rotary Switch Settings
User selectable timer settings can be adjusted to one of the following settings
(2, 15 or 30 minutes and 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 12 hours).
Emergency Override Switch
An extra ring terminal position is located next to the LED light. By momentary applying
12V to this terminal it will automatically override a timed out timer and give you
an additional 15 minutes of use for emergency operation.
Over Voltage Protection
Over Voltage Protection is included in the APS-12 unit. Should the APS-12 ever receive a voltage of 16 volts or higher, the
unit will automatically shut off protecting the electronics connected on the load
side of your APS-12. Once the voltage drops to 15.9 volts or less the APS-12 will
turn back ON.
- Amperage Rating: 25 Amps max @ 12V continuous duty
- Low Standby Current Draw: 4mAh in standby mode, 100 mAh normal
- Compact Size: 3½"L x 2"W x 1½"H
- Weight: 0.5 lbs. (229 grams)
- Construction: Potted water proof design. Can be mounted inside
an engine compartment.
- LED Status Indicators:
- Solid Green LED light = Timer OFF power passing through
- Flashing Green LED light = Timer ON
- Flashing Red LED light = Timer has expired, load is OFF
- Solid Red LED light = Overvoltage Condition
- Connections: +/- Power IN from Battery. +/- Power OUT to electronics
(no ignition wire required). Emergency Override Switch.
|Ignition Voltage Sensing Timer
|Selectable Timer Settings
||2, 15 or 30m, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8 12h
|| 2, 15 or 30m, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 12h
|Low Voltage Disconnect
|Selectable LVD Settings
||11.0, 11.4 VDC
||10.6, 10.8, 11.0, 11.2, 11.4, 11.6, 11.8, 12.0, 12.1, 12.2 VDC
|Maximum Amperage Rating
|Over Voltage Protection
|Emergency Override Switch